Barebow archers will be able to claim world records at indoor and outdoor competitions from 15 January 2020 when the new rulebook comes into effect. The changes required to add the 44 records for barebows were approved at World Archery Congress in June.
The following records can be claimed by individuals in cadet, junior, senior and master age groups.
- Outdoor ranking round (72 arrows at 50 metres)
- Double outdoor ranking round (144 arrows at 50 metres)
- Indoor 18-metre ranking round (60 arrows at 18 metres)
- Indoor 25-metre ranking round (60 arrows at 25 metres)
The following records can be claimed by national teams in cadet, junior, senior and master age groups. (There must be a minimum of three national teams at a tournament for the record to be ratified.)
- Team outdoor ranking round (216 arrows at 50 metres)
- Mixed team ranking round (144 arrows at 50 metres)
More information here : https://worldarchery.org/news/176848/44-world-records-barebow-archers-be-introduced-january-2020