Wellingborough Open Archery Club Privacy Notice
What this privacy notice covers
Wellingborough Open Archery Club is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Wellingborough Open Archery Club. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Wellingborough Open Archery Club is operated by its members for its members. It is affiliated to Northamptonshire County Archery Society, East Midlands Archery Society and Archery GB.
Wellingborough Open Archery Club operates the website www.woac.co.uk (the ‘Website’)
Wellingborough Open Archery Club is a data controller under the data protection rules and our Data Protection Officer is contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we gather.
Wellingborough Open Archery club gathers certain information about you. Information about you is also used through our affiliations, namely Archery GB, East Midland Archery Society, Northamptonshire County Archery Society and Old Grammarians Sports Club.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us.
When you become a member of Wellingborough Open Archery Club you will give us information. You may also give us information when using our Website and when entering our competitions. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, a personal description, disability, ethnicity, your archery qualifications, award history or CRB/DBS/PVG checks that have been undertaken and a photograph.
Information we get from your use of our Website
Each time you visit our Website we may automatically collect certain information. This information includes technical information, such as internet Protocol (IP) addresses used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and information relating to what pages you have viewed (e.g. using cookies as described further below);
When you enter competitions the following information may be collected and share with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth, Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club (and ID), County (and ID), Region (and ID), Round (unless defined by ages). Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
How we may use your information
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information in some circumstances. For example, when you apply to become a member of Archery GB, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you the benefits of being a member as explained on the Website regarding features of being a member.
We also rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information. For example we will seek your consent to receive marketing via email and post about competitions and events we are holding
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
1. compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice;
2. to provide you with information about our activities that you have agreed to receive.
We will use the information we get from your use of our Website and service to:
1. administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
4. as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
5. measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
6. make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods and services that may interest you or them; and
7. any other reasonable purposes of Wellingborough Open Archery Club, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We will use the information you give us to:
1. perform services you have requested (such as providing you with Membership Benefits or providing you with information you have asked for);
2. administer the sport of Archery, for instance by organising tournaments;
3. provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
4. notify you about changes to club membership, including but not limited to any changes to the Members Benefits;
5. ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
6. any other reasonable purposes of Wellingborough Open Archery Club, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
1. Associate bodies such as Archery GB, Northamptonshire County Archery Society, East Midlands Archery Society and Old Grammarians Sports Club in order that they may communicate with you regarding archery events only or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
We may disclose personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Users under 18
If you are under 18 and would like to get involved, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. When we collect data about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be stored by the club secretary, it will also be transferred and stored at Archery GB’s registered office and online systems. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Wellingborough Open Archery Club will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
1. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you other than online, please contact the Data Protection Officer via telephone, e-mail or by letter.
2. Request that we delete your personal data.
3. Request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes.
3. You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer and we will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquiries and Complaints
The Data Protection Officer is the first point of contact regarding any enquiries arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. Wellingborough Open Archery Club will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All complaints should be sent to email@example.com